Indicative themes/initial ideas for sessions within each theme. These are not exhaustive but rather, indicative. We welcome sessions on any area of social science methodology.
Research paradigms and designs:
- Multi-method and mixed methods research;
- Models of qualitative research;
- Ethnographic approaches;
- Challenges in survey research;
- Case study research.
Research methods and techniques:
- Issues in questionnaire design;
- Cognitive interviews;
- Collecting sensitive information;
- Total survey error and total survey quality;
Research technology and tools:
- Using or developing open source software in survey research;
- Data visualisation tools;
- Software use and developments;
- Data management and analysis tools;
Datasets, data collections and data archiving:
- Dataset specific sessions (e.g. AuSSA, HILDA, AES);
- Cross national surveys/research;
- Panel studies;
- Data dissemination and use of secondary data.
There are 7 questions in this survey.